Friday 11 May 2012

Alright, attempt number... not sure(who cares)

 Alright so here we go. Another night. Another attempt at this.

Why am I starting a blog? That's probably the best way to start this first post because the answer to that question is going to determine if you, the readers, will continue to take precious time out of your hectic lives every now and then to plop down and read what I have to say.

I love movies. Simple. TV too, but mostly movies. There isn't much I enjoy better than kicking back with a nice tasty snack and enjoying a good filmograph.

I've probably already lost a few people right there because writing a blog about your opinion of movies is about as common these days as it is to wipe your own ass after you take a shit. So why should you read this one? Why should any of you give a shit about what I think about the movies(and TV shows) that I watch? Opinions are like assholes after all. Well this blog isn't just going to be about me watching movies or TV shows. It isn't going to just be about me telling you which actor/director/producer is annoying this week and how excited I am for The Dark Knight Rises(soooooo goddamn excited). This blog is going to be about my own personal journey.

Where am I going? Possibly nowhere.

Anybody who knows me knows that I'm a 25 year old who has very little as far as post secondary education goes. I would eventually like to pick up some of that good ol' college learnin' but I don't really know what to do(those of you who don't know me, consider yourself caught up). Now I've mulled over the ideas of a few different courses from CONA over the past few months. These would be perfectly practical, smart choices that could probably land me a secure, well paying job that I can work at in dull happiness until I'm ready to retire and live the rest of my days complaining about teenagers and the way things used to be.

Fuck that.

Well that's what a small part of me has been screaming out in the back of my thought muscle for the past few months now. Why do I have to settle for the mundane? Why do I have to just shuffle through life and enjoy it to the medium amount in a job that will make me wish in twenty years that I had the balls to follow my dream?

And here we are. This is my journey. I want to make an attempt to submerse myself in the world of film.

Now I'm aware that there are obvious hurdles in my way with this. And there are more than likely going to be many roadblocks and naysayers and objections. But I've convinced myself that I am very serious about this. This is something I love and I'm going to do my best to see this through. I feel like I owe it to myself to at least explore the options and try.

Not to confuse anyone. I haven't actually applied to any colleges or universities at this point but I have been starting to do a bit of research into the options available to me in Canada. They are out there and there's more than I expected quite honestly but I need to find something that would be best for me and hopefully open the most doors in the future.

And then there's the other things. Money. Living. Experience. These things also haven't been figured out. All in due time.

So this is my journey. And this blog is going to be my little online journal for said journey. A place for me to keep track of my progress with this. A place for me to ask questions. To seek help and recommendations. To give myself a little motivation to not lose track of this goal. To post my accomplishments and even my failures.

I want you to be a part of this journey with me. I feel like I'm going to need a little guidance with this. If any of you know anything about this industry and the ways to get my foot in the door I will gladly hear any advice. I'll even listen to concerns and objections. I'm hoping that I'll be able to get a little bit of a following with this blog and that will help me keep the motivation I need to see this through as far as I can go with it.

Oh and there will be the other stuff. Like my personal thoughts on movies and TV shows I've watched. Or if anything interesting ever happens to me. Or even if I hear a funny anecdote I may share it on here. I may even put a scatter thought on something other than movies or TV.

I hope there are a few of you still with me and would like to thank you for sticking around this far. Now I'm tired and it's time to head off to bed. I should have my first real post up sometime in the next few days.

Cheers.

P.S. The name of this blog will change eventually. Just need to think of something witty and maybe even a little sexual.

*As a little reward/treat for anybody who stuck around this far. I give you this!


2 comments:

  1. You go, boy! Proud of you to put it all out there and say you're going for the dream! Can't wait to see where this all goes - I know I'll be laughing at whatever you write here...

    ReplyDelete